In China, Taobao SEO means more than baidu SEO, and baidu means much more than google. Taobao is the largest B2C sites like ebay, yet having much better reputation than ebay. I would say 9/10 people in China will go to Taobao to find what they want instead of some ecommerce store. So why wasting time doing SEO if you are selling on Taobao or you want to sell online to China. Open up a Taobao store, and do the Taobao SEO.
I have a Taobao store myself, and have been doing very limited Taobao SEO. now, based on my experience and what I got from http://ww3.sinaimg.cn/large/6305c846gw1dk9g7xehncj.jpg. I will make Taobao SEO clear, at least try to. and it is just having way more fun than google SEO.
Basic Practice (Taobao Ranking factors)
- Enter escrow service/ also known as customer warranty. Chinese 消保.
- Taobao Dating
- Taobao Mobile sites
3. How many times you are added as buyers favourite? The more favourites you have will rank you higher
4. The number of items you sold, the more the better
5. Time when item is listed. Usually when you list item on Monday, then every Monday that item tends to rank higher.
6. Is the item recommended by you the owner
7. Is the item recommended and put into store showcase: recommended item tends to rank higher. Every store has a showcase feature.
8. Your ratings and reviews. Better ratings, you rank higher.
9. Title: is there Keyword in the title
10. Text of description: frequency and relevancy of the KW.
- URL submission to search engine (Baidu, then google) Notice Souso.com and Sougou.com has a big market share in China also.
- Link profile: high PR site back links, Blog comments, Forum posts, Taobao affiliated sites links.
- Social: The more social signals will rank your item higher.
- blog/community sites
Well, it is intereting eCommerce SEO practice. Read the infographics in Chinese if you could.